I found this creative hairstyle on Pinterest while searching for new looks to show you guys. Even though the girl in this tutorial is not a curly girl, this is still a great look that we can all pull off. It is easy to do and is not time consuming at all. This is great for when our curls aren’t cooperating. When we want to just tie our hair up, this would be a fun way to approach the bun. Try it out!
“1. Take a one inch section on top of your part and split into three. This is the start of the Dutch braid (or inside out braid).
2. Cross the right piece under the middle, then the left piece under the right, forming a braid. When you cross the middle section under, add in some hair.
3. Continue braiding and only add in hair on the right side. So when you cross under from the left side you don’t add in any hair. Angle your braid along your hairline and over the top of your ear. Stop adding in hair when you pass your ear. Finish the braid and secure with a small clear elastic.
4. Stretch out your braid! To get this big dramatic braid, you need to gently pull at the sides of your braid to widen it.
5. Gather the rest of your hair into a side ponytail, next to your braid.
6. Use a hair donut to create a large side bun.
7. I teased my ponytail to make it bigger before wrapping it around the padding and pinning underneath.
8. Then wrap your braid around the base of your bun and pin in place. Add a spritz of hairspray and you’re ready to go!”