I love what is going on in this picture! Alicia Keys is showing off her beautiful curls, something she does not do often. She has her hair pulled up into a ponytail and accented the sides with braids. This look can be tried by you. It is simple but cute. If you girls are tired of doing the same old styles, try this funky one for a change. Here is a step by step process on how to achieve this look.
1. Part your hair at the crown of your head from ear to ear. Pull the back of your hair into a ponytail to get it out your way
2. Make three parts with the front of the hair that you left out. The side parts will be where you braid your hair and the middle part will be the Mohawk part. Put the middle part into a ponytail or bun for now so that is out your way.
3. Part and cornrow the sides of your hair. Make as many braids as you want. Cornrow from the front of your hair to the crown of your head.
4. Now, take the mid section of your hair and pin it to make an illusion of a Mohawk. You can do this by pushing up the hair.
5. Grab the rest of your hair and make a ponytail. To define the curls use gels or mousse.
It is often heard that curly hair should be straightened to look more professional. There is a common view that curly hair looks too untamed and wild for a professional setting. For those of you who spend so much time straightening your hair to keep your boss happy, I am here to tell you there are options. There are several hairstyles that are acceptable at work, but stays true to your natural ways.
1. The bob is a great look. It shows off your curls while giving you a professional grown up look. This might be a good choice for you. Maintaining a bob requires frequent visits to the hair salon to get cuts, which in turn will make your hair healthier. This cut is good for square, oval, and long faces.
2. Braids can look anywhere from casual to elegant depending on how you dress it up. It is tamed and tucked away from your face giving you a clean look. For long hair braids can be trendy and look very appealing at work.
3. High buns are my favorite. It is easy to create and can be done if you have no time to do anything else with your hair in the morning. what’s best about the bun is that it is so effortless but at the same time it can look so elegant.
5. Hair accessories can be fun. Anywhere from bobby pins, to head bands, and much much more, you can decorate your hair to make it look lavishing. There are so many bows, ribbons, and ties you can choose from to create the exact look that you want.
I found this creative hairstyle on Pinterest while searching for new looks to show you guys. Even though the girl in this tutorial is not a curly girl, this is still a great look that we can all pull off. It is easy to do and is not time consuming at all. This is great for when our curls aren’t cooperating. When we want to just tie our hair up, this would be a fun way to approach the bun. Try it out!
“1. Take a one inch section on top of your part and split into three. This is the start of the Dutch braid (or inside out braid).
2. Cross the right piece under the middle, then the left piece under the right, forming a braid. When you cross the middle section under, add in some hair.
3. Continue braiding and only add in hair on the right side. So when you cross under from the left side you don’t add in any hair. Angle your braid along your hairline and over the top of your ear. Stop adding in hair when you pass your ear. Finish the braid and secure with a small clear elastic.
4. Stretch out your braid! To get this big dramatic braid, you need to gently pull at the sides of your braid to widen it.
5. Gather the rest of your hair into a side ponytail, next to your braid.